Thursday, July 15, 2010

Scouting Locations

One of the essential parts of a photo shoot is location. Location helps you tell a bigger story, especially with portraits, because your usually telling a personal story.
For instance, when I was scouting for this floral inspired editorial, I knew I needed a backdrop with history. Something that felt romantic and would not clash with our pixie concept. When I found this beautiful vineyard, I KNEW I'd found the ideal location.
Photobucket
The most important part about shooting on location, is making sure you get permission to shoot. I like to call ahead if it's iffy. I won't go into the details now, but I was cited at a shoot once for trespassing, which was not clearly marked!
The fun part about location scouting is that it does NOT have to necessarily be penciled in! I find myself checking out fields, buildings and streets no matter where I am! The key is to write down the addresses so that you remember them later.
Here are a couple final shots from the vineyard:

Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lavenda Memory

Lavenda Memory

About this Blog:

This is THE blog to follow if you are interested in fun, fashionable, Senior photography. Lavenda Seniors offers seniors the full model experience in every session. Subscribe to our blog to see otherwise unpublished photos from our Seniors shoots Plus behind the scenes footage.

Contact us: lavendaseniors@gmail.com